Congratulations to the AFLV Central / Midyear Leadership Conference Scholarship Winners!
The Foundation extends warm congratulations to three sisters who were afforded the opportunity to attend the full AFLV Central Leadership Conference. It is our hope that they will be able to take lessons learned in leadership to lead in their classrooms, they chapters, they communities, and the work place.
- Le Tran, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Huanyi Zhen, Loyola University of Chicago
- Kazoua Thao, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Call for Volunteers with Salesforce Experience
The Foundation is planning an implementation of Salesforce, a client relationship management system, through the Power of Us Foundation. Using Salesforce will open up many possibilities for donors and sisters to re-think volunteer and member engagement. Sisters can even create apps through Salesforce’s open API. Interested? Contact Lillie Madali at email@example.com.
Call for Sisters to be Featured in Foundation Video
The Foundation is going to begin filming a Foundation video in the Atlanta area in March. Sisters studying, doing community service, and sisterhood events are among the many scenes needed to be filmed. If you are interested in helping, or if you have high quality footage that you would like to submit, please contact Lillie Madali at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Foundation Finance Report Published
Financial statements for the Delta Phi Lambda Foundation ending in December 31, 2015 have been published to the Foundation’s website. For more information, visit www.
Marketing Coordinator Internship
Do you have a passion for empowering women and girls? Do you live your life according to virtues like loyalty, honesty, respect, dedication, integrity, discipline, and academic excellence? Delta Phi Lambda Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit educational foundation based in Atlanta, GA and one of the very first scholarship foundations in the AAPI fraternal community. With thousands of dollars in donations, we are looking to transform the landscape of scholarship opportunities and leadership education.
The Delta Phi Lambda Foundation has a positive, energetic work environment, and we seek talented employees who love learning new skills and are eager to tackle new projects. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with our Board of Directors on projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves social media and design – someone who loves creating connections and online communities.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts
- How to track social media analytics using HootSuite and other software, and report results and new ideas to our marketing team
- Create compelling content that will be shared by influencers
- Creative feedback and viral loops between our Facebook Page, twitter, and blog accounts, building and presenting social media strategy
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects
What We Require:
- Background in Marketing or Communications
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) a plus
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and Flexible
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired
- Interest in women’s issues and leadership development
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication, a master of twitter (and Hoot Suite manager), and understanding of the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have many opportunities to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit and marketing field.
The position begins March 28th and ends August 26th. You are expected to work 6 to 15 hours a week, but your schedule will be flexible. This is a volunteer position with a small stipend of $100. To apply please submit your resume, cover letter (including dates and times of availability) and list of three references with their contact information to Lillie Madali at email@example.com. Resumes must be submitted by Monday, March 14 at 5 p.m. EST.
About the Delta Phi Lambda Foundation
The Delta Phi Lambda Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax-deductible nonprofit organization committed to empower the women of Delta Phi Lambda and the communities they serve by funding scholarships, supporting philanthropic endeavors and promoting leadership development. With the financial support of our donors, we can provide women with the tools they need to sustain a chapter and programs that award women with great academic achievements.
Featured Image: Special to The Jade Times