By Christina “ICON” Shin, Staff Writer
This recipe features a quick, easy and cheap dish that you can make to bring to family dinners and potlucks!
- Yams/ Sweet Potato
- ¾ Stick of Butter
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Spatula / Spoon (wooden ones are recommended)
- Oven safe bowl
About 30 minutes
- Take out the stick of butter out of the fridge if you haven’t already. Leaving the butter out will make it soften to help mix better.
- Peel the skin of the yams.
- Cut them up in small sizes.
- Put the yams in an oven safe bowl and cover the top with saran wrap. Microwave for about 5 mins. To check poke the yams with a fork. If it needs to be more tender, microwave it in 2 minutes increments.
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees for about 2 minutes.
- Once you take it out of the microwave, add ¾ stick of butter, a pinch of salt and pepper (to your taste) [Optional: Add cinnamon] and mix.
- Pat down the mashed yam to level.
- Now add the marshmallows on top.
- Finally, put the dish in the 2nd notch from the top of the oven for about 10 minutes in 370 degrees. Check the dish at 5 minutes and every 2 minutes after that to make sure the marshmallows do not burn and come out a golden brown.
Featured & Article Images: Christina Shin