By Whitney “Airyn” Newton, Staff Writer
Today, Nov. 28, is Giving Tuesday, a one-day annual event that focuses on charitable giving. Coming off the heels of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday asks people to give a gift of donation.
Delta Phi Lambda Foundation is kicking off its holiday giving campaign #DFLGives starting today and going until Dec. 5, the sorority’s founder’s day. During the campaign, sisters and supporters of the Foundation are encouraged to create fundraisers, raise money, and donate to the Foundation.
There are many ways to donate to the Foundation:
- ONE TIME DONATION – Donations can be made online at the Foundation’s website or on the Foundation’s Facebook. In light of the upcoming 20th anniversary of the sorority, the Foundation is asking sisters to donate in the amount of $19.98.
- RECURRING DONATIONS – Recurring monthly donations can be arranged on the Foundation’s website. Check out the different levels of recurring donations to find the right fit for you.
- FACEBOOK – Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are matching up to $2 million of funds raised on Facebook for U.S. nonprofits. Facebook is also waiving all fees for donations made to nonprofits on Facebook this Giving Tuesday.
- FACEBOOK FUNDRAISERS – Create a fundraiser on Facebook running from Nov. 28 through Dec. 5. Encourage your network to contribute a gift of donation to help the Foundation empower women leaders.
- FACEBOOK “DONATE” – Create posts and content or share from the Foundation. Include a “Donate” button on the posts to make it easy for your network to give a one-time donation.
- AMAZON SMILE – Go to Amazon Smile prior to shopping on Amazon, and Amazon donates to the Foundation.
- EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS AND EMPLOYER MATCHING – Employers may sometimes allow a payroll deduction or will match your donation up to a certain amount. Check your company’s policy for more information.
Today is the day to become a champion of the Foundation. Scholarships and grants offered by the Foundation are funded solely through donations. Show your support by participating in the #DFLGives campaign this week.
Featured Image: Delta Phi Lambda Foundation